Flat Caps

The flat cap style can be traced back to the 14th century in Northern England, when it was more likely to be called a "bonnet", which term was replaced by "cap" before about 1700, except in Scotland, where it continues to be referred to as a "bonnet".When English and Irish emigrants went to the United States, they took the flat cap with them.

The cap is also known as a cabbie cap, cloth cap, ivy cap, golf cap, jeff cap, duffer cap, duckbill cap, driving cap, bicycle cap, Irish cap, Crook cap or a Paddy cap and remains one of the most popular styles to this day